expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Afghanistan and Pakistan

As quoted by Gloria Borger-CNN

The candidate who had called the surge in the Iraq war "reckless" was proposing a surge of his own in Afghanistan.

The candidate who criticized President George W. Bush's emergency spending bills for the Iraq war could end up proposing one of his own.

The candidate who said that defined benchmarks -- and penalties -- were necessary for Bush's surge to work in Iraq provided none of his own in his speech.

I must go on record here in saying I agree with Obama on having to deploy more US troops in the region.

I must also go on record in saying I disagree with the 18 month time-frame. Does anyone remember KOREA? Korea-We are still there! Afghanistan and Pakistan I think are going to shape up in much the same way- we must continue to police the region in order to maintain peace. I find this all unsettling and, if there is no progress made- this is all for naught and, we may be on the brink of WW III. Hello to the rest of the nations...are you listening-you hear that whistle? GOD BLESS AMERICA!